Thursday, March 8, 2007

Today what a silly day!

Today is woman’s day or something. I’m a woman, but I’m fed up with such a stupid day. Today’s feast celebrates nothing. Surely not issues concerning women condition or gender discrimination.
Besides, I consider my self as feminist as leftist: is something I’m emotionally involved in. Is something I can’t bear anymore, for all the disillusions and disappointments I’ve faced. Being a woman in a Catholic country maybe is even tougher. My work is to write on a international website. But at the end of the day, I feel like an exploited poor working bee. My time, my creativity wasted. I’m a woman and I can’t stand being treated like a silly chick. I want more. I want to be respected and it’s driving me mad.
Women have been fighting for years. I’m fighting. I’m fighting my own private battle against all my fears, against this soft discrimination. I can work, I can go out at night. I’ve studied. I’m independent. But what for? My male mates earn more than me. Hold more power than me. And my voice is never completely heard.
I’m proud being woman. Probably, this creeping discrimination is leading me to a wider comprehension of social dynamics and gender relationships. To a wider overview of life here on earth. Maybe to a deeper insight. Don’t know. But I had to write down what I’m feeling today. Or just trying to shape my indignation.

I'm sorry for being so aggessive...
Ciao Ciao

2 comments:

trebs said...

sometimes I just wish things were simple.
I don't like the born-to-fight-philosophy

(love ya)

LaMile said...

I don't like it too
and sssshitttt, I'm just trying to survive!
hope things will get better...

(love ya too)